[sf-lug] expanding Europe's Linux Presentation Day to the US (Hauke L)

Hauke Laging hauke.laging at linux-presentation-day.org
Sun Dec 11 08:29:04 PST 2016

Hello,

Am Sonntag, 11. Dezember 2016, 07:57:26 CET schrieb aaronco36:

> In addition, and if you (Hauke L) and your LPD organizers aren't
> already keenly aware of this, you might also wish to
> follow-though your promotional efforts at San Francisco's
> internationally renown Noisebridge hackerspace [2].

thanks for the hint, I would have done that anyway. My general approach is to
first contact the Linux user groups in a country then the hackerspaces. In the
US I will leave everything else to the national orga team.

I have finished contacting the LUGs a few hours ago (about 115, less than I
expected compared to their number in Germany) and will soon start contacting
the hackerspaces.

San Francisco is too big for a single LPD location anyway (at least as soon as
there is media coverage in that area). The idea is to handle larger visitor
numbers with a larger number of small events rather than with a larger event
because adding small events seems to be the easier approach.

CU

Hauke
--
http://www.linux-presentation-day.org/

International phone contact for the Linux Presentation Day:
     tel:+49-30-55579620 (13:00–23:00, German and English)

XMPP (Chat with OTR): linux-presentation-day at jabber.ccc.de
   OTR: 91626899 1C06F2BD 75EC2441 35C696CE 38F75997