[sf-lug] Notes from the SF-LUG meeting of Monday November 25, 2016

maestro maestro415 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 11:05:20 PST 2016

just a quick add-on to bobbie and aaron the MANJARO that
was installed on my thinkpad is MANJARO-*openrc*_64 which
i feel is important as some  folks don't know it's available in
this *non-systemd* architecture. a lot of people are wanting to
go away from systemd and as you know there are certain pages
where THAT 'conversation' rages on.
moving on...
aaron i'm confident you know but just in case and for others
that might not there is *non-systemd *ARCH linux and of course MANJARO-
*openrc* is based in this (but is NOT ARCH). it also gives
you access/use to the AUR repositories and ARCH wikis which are fully
useable [ niiice ;-))> ].

[disclaimer]
there IS a very small amount of systemd still IN MANJARO-*openrc*
which apparently the coders (still in france and germany i gather)
decided was beneficial and/or too much of pain in the ass to 'write'
out of the init system. one can read more on this in the MANJARO
documentation for the full and accurate details...

i am finding MANJARO-*openrc *to be a nice, fast, 'clean', beautiful
distro that is a GREAT way to learn the ARCH linux way of doing things
for those new to ARCH that may feel the ARCH learning curve is harsh.

and i love the 'coders' tag line of; "it came to a point where it was just
so
much fun writing/playing with it we wanted to share it with everyone."

to me THAT is what open-source is all about...

message ends.

message ends.

--

*~the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...*