[sf-lug] New release of TAILS version 2.7

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Wed Nov 16 11:36:08 PST 2016

Hi LUGers,

     In case you are not keeping track but use TAILS a new
release is out per Distrowatch: Distribution Release: Tails 2.7

     The Amnesic Incognito Live System (Tails) is a Debian-based, live
distribution with the goal of providing Internet anonymity for its
users. The distribution accomplishes this by directing Internet traffic
through the Tor network and by providing built-in tools for protecting
files and scrubbing away meta data. The project's latest release mostly
focuses on fixing bugs and improving security: "Tails 2.7 is out. This
release fixes many security issues and users should upgrade as soon as
possible. New features: ship LetsEncrypt intermediate SSL certificate so
that our tools are able to authenticate our website when its certificate
is updated. Upgrades and changes: Tor 0.2.8.9, Tor Browser 6.0.6, Linux
kernel 4.7, Icedove 45.4.0. Fixed problems: Synaptic installs packages
with the correct architecture; set default spelling to en_US in Icedove.
Known issues: users setting their Tor Browser security slider to High
will have to click on a link to see the result of the search they done
with the search box." Additional information on Tails 2.7 can be found
in the project's release notes. A list of issues fixed in the 2.7
release can be found in the list of former security issues. Download:
tails-i386-2.7.iso (1,113MB, signature, pkglist). Also available from
OSDisc.

     I will not be supplying this unless there is a clear request.
     I believe that mass distribution of TAILS is against the security
it attempts to provide

     Bobbie Sellers.