[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting Monday September 19, 2016

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Sep 12 10:38:27 PDT 2016

Hi LUGers,

   SF-LUG meets every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
and every .first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

   Come early to the meeting and you will have a easier time raising
your own agenda.

     On Wednesday 7 September I got the latest
Linux Pro Magazine issue 190, for September of this year.
     The DVD contains Fedora 24 Workstation 64 bit and
Linux Mint 18 in Cinnamon 32 bit.
     If anyone wants copies of these let me know and
I have Fedora in 32 bit and Linux Mint 18 in 64 bit versions
so if you have missed either of these before Please ask
  for a copy asap before the meeting..
     Lead article in this issue is on Alternative File Managers,
Why Webmin is still a favorite tool of administrators,
Chat Pack re:alternatives to HipChat and Slack,
Qt4-fsarchiver which seems to be a backup tool,
Magic URL which permits you to connect your cell phone to a
server without a fixed IP Address,
XMP Toolkit which lets you hide data in images,
Open365 about LibreOffice and KDE Kontact in the Cloud,
Mofo, a secretive Linux to defeat state censorship using bits
from TOR.
The description of a notebook computer designed for building
yourself (with use of a 3D printer), the EMOA68, very interesting
<https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop> .
Cortex is used in the Notebook and adapted PCMCIA cards are
used to hold the OSes; and
we have Klaus Knopper's column as well as assorted news that
is only slightly out of date.
By the way one of my Team Amiga mailing list pals has ordered
a kit for the EMOA68 and hopefully will share feedback with me
  about his experience.

     I hope to have this issue at the meeting on the 19th of this month.

     I have material requested but not picked up by a member which I hope
Jim Stockford will take off my hands and deliver. to the needful person.

     Hope to see a few of you all at the meeting.

     Bobbie Sellers