[sf-lug] An unpleasant experience

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Thu Sep 8 14:36:20 PDT 2016

Hi LUGers,

     I was browsing for my manga fix and suddenly a requester purporting
to be from
Microsoft and demanding password and users name showed up in the Firefox.
It prevented me from doing anything else even copying the site name in
the browser window.
     The window it was on would not shut and so I went to Alt-FR then
finally re-bppted
     When Firefox restarted  I was able to remove this false alert from
the list before
Firefox reconnected.  I have lost time as I had not closed an editor and
had to reset
my bookmarks in that document.

     But does anyone know a way to block such false alerts?
     It seems like there should be a way as we can filter out all sorts
of annoying and pointless
emails.

     bliss