[sf-lug] Report on Meeting of Sunday June 5, 2016

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Sun Jun 5 23:42:15 PDT 2016

On Sun, 2016-06-05 at 21:45 -0700, Bobbie Sellers wrote:
>    Tom was interested in Ben's problem
> with using Quirky 8.0 Xerus64  on his laptop.

To clarify, Ben had been unsuccessfully attempting to boot a much older
release of Puppy Linux he installed, which was apparently incapable of
generating a working GRUB configuration. Tom (or was it John?)
recommended to Ben that he instead install something current, such as
Quirky. I then sped him through the installation and initial
configuration, which he remarked would've taken him several hours if he
had done it on his own. In the process, he still got to read the help
text for the most ambiguous options. His plan was to wipe and install
distro after distro to decide which he likes, so this may save him a bit
of time down the line.