[sf-lug] SF-LUG met on Sun 2016-05-01 (Several distros on MayDay)

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Mon May 2 15:38:33 PDT 2016

On Mon, 2016-05-02 at 13:22 -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> I'm still not convinced they've yet accomplished anything that cannot
> easily be achieved by just installing Debian Jessie and just picking
> and
> pinning your preferred init.  They apparently haven't even built into
> their default installation one of the credible alternatives to udev,
> and I don't know if they even package any of them.

They are _the_ upstream maintainers of vdev, LoginKit, and a long list
of other bits of code otherwise missing from a theoretical non-systemd
GNU/Linux OS. I urge people who think the issue is just that simple to
read this thread:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-from-scratch-13/more-systemd-creep-and-a-script-to-spot-it-4175540203/