[sf-lug] Other matters xRe: resolver problem

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Apr 8 22:25:59 PDT 2016

Quoting Bobbie Sellers (bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com):

> But it was provoked by a flat assertion that may be true on your
> machine but has not been true on my computers over the last 12 years.

Curiously enough, I'm not obliged to come visit and inspect your
computer before stating something that's been correct for my current
browser, and that I had just double-checked, and all its predecessors
all the way back to 1993.  And I really think you were utterly out of
line 'correcting' me on that, particularly -- since you raise the
specific wording -- as a 'flat assertion'.

As Mr. Colbert says, I accept your apology.  ;->

> I would thank you for your advice and information but I am afraid
> of the response my expression of gratitude for your work might
> provoke.

You are always welcome, seriously.