[sf-lug] resolver problem

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Fri Apr 8 12:12:15 PDT 2016

Really quite up to you.

I think it likely at least some folk(s) will continue to be interested.
You could always and/or additionally, e.g.:
bring the laptop to a SF-LUG meeting (does it have same issues when
on other networks?),
bring the laptop to a CABAL meeting (potentially even fair bit more
time to dig to bottom of odd problems),
ask on some other list(s)/forum(s) (different and/or additional folks
might come up with something useful - even "answer" - that we'd not
thought of ... and be sure to include relevant details/history if
you do so ask, to avoid unnecessary redundant work).

I'm guessing at this point something is likely messed up on the
installation/configuration ... perhaps a library, or some quirky
environmental bit ... who knows.  Differences in behavior with
strace data between working and not, with same command (e.g. host &
same hardware booted from DVD), likely has an "answer", or substantial
clues *somewhere* in there ... but strace can be qutie a bit of data
to go through (grep and family can be good friends).