[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Monday March 21, 2016

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Wed Mar 16 21:29:50 PDT 2016

         Hi LUGers,

             Well I did get the Linux Pro magazine for March 2016
  and it has several fascinating articles.  I haven't had time to
read about systemd
or the Raspberry Pi (lap)-Top, but I did get some of the out of date
  news and the Klaus Knopper article on File Recovery using a
hex editor like I used on the Amiga,  PI-Top is a kit.
     The DVDs on this are Mint linux 17.3 which has been in my
  library for some time and openSuse Leap 42.1 but no time to
  try that out yet.

     Meantime Ta Da!  PC Linux OS is back with UEFI compatible
versions and with a few problems I managed to get it installed
and booting on my Pavilion.  Mate looked really good but
Full Monty would not start up properly so that I could not
install that version and it will be until after the meeting
that I can try it our on a machine where the earlier version
works very well.

     bliss