[sf-lug] [n]vi for the win! :-)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 10 15:21:45 PST 2016

No frowns from me on that point.
I generally use [n]vi when available, and not vim,
but alas, often I'm stuck with vim (e.g. like RedHat/CentOS, and
perhaps even Fedora, not bothering to package nvi).
I get quite annoyed by vim, don't like it much, and it slows me
down.

Not exactly a topic I've not covered before.
http://www.rawbw.com/~mp/linux/vim/vim_annoyances.txt
Perhaps not enough for an O'Reilly "Annoyances" book,
but could certainly at least do a short chapter on vim's
annoyances.