[sf-lug] chmod 777 /home ; chmod 777 /home/lerner

jim jim at well.com
Sun Feb 7 16:08:46 PST 2016

     More and more thanks. The chmod 777 {/home,/home/lerner}
was an experiment, a long stretch that I figured would be
no good, but the login error message said
     permission denied
so what the hey! try that.
     I'll certainly change it back (to 755). At this point
there is only one user account other than root, and the box
is powered off; when on it's on a 192.168,1.0 LAN.