[sf-lug] Linux question

Donald F. Robertson DonaldFR at donaldfrobertson.com
Sun Jan 10 22:12:44 PST 2016

I´ḿ stumped, and I´m hoping someone can help me.

I recently upgraded from Mageia-4 to Mageia-5 on a standard x86 architecture
64 bit Origin laptop.  The upgrade appeared to go well, however Mageia-5 would
not recognize the laptop´s keyboard, although it did recognize this external
keyboard.  I was unable to find a solution.

This afternoon, I tried installing from scratch without the external keyboard
attached.  No dice.  Interestingly, the installation program did not recognize
the laptop keyboard either.

Any suggestions?

I´d be very grateful for any suggestions.  I am very familiar with the K-
desktop, but my ¨under the hood¨ command line skills are limited.

--
Donald F. Robertson
San Francisco

DonaldFR at DonaldFRobertson.com
www.DonaldFRobertson.com

The known is finite, the unknown is infinite; intellectually we stand on an
islet in the midst of an illimitable ocean of inexplicability. Our business in
every generation is to reclaim a little more land.   -- Thomas Huxley

Sent from my OriginPC - Mageia Linux via KMail.