[sf-lug] Linux Noisebridge events ... not going on

jim jim at well.com
Sat Jan 2 09:48:26 PST 2016

     Attendance at the Wednesday evening discussion
group was never strong, probably six people max,
and often only the one person who showed up to host
it. After a couple or three years, someone at
noisebridge suggested that the weekly notice that
Joseph Puig put out was run from a cron job; that
rumor spread, fanning ill will (and was not true:
Joseph copied and pasted the same words and posted
the message manually.
     I had thought I'd removed referencing text from
the SF-LUG web site; I also remember going back and
forth with the noisebridge web site and my
recollection is that I'd finally removed that entry
as well.
     As I'd tho't the notices were down, and because
the attendance had been zero or one for months, I
saw no need to email the list or mention cessation
to the people attending the SF-LUG meetings.