[sf-lug] Intel graphics chipsets (was /firmware/radeon)

maestro maestro415 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 18:31:58 PST 2015

from michael paoli:

>dmidecode and lshw may be helpful.

dmidecode on my box did provide some hw info rick asked for...

code:
#dmidecode
System Information(partial)
    Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
    Product Name: Satellite M45
    Version: PSM43U-01700P

#lshw
0000000-dfffffff(partial)
           *-display
                product: RS400M [Radeon Xpress 200M]
                vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
                physical id: 5
                bus info: pci at 0000:01:05.0
                version: 00
                width: 32 bits
                clock: 66MHz
                capabilities: pm msi vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
                configuration: driver=radeon latency=66 mingnt=8
                resources: irq:17 memory:d0000000-dfffffff
ioport:9000(size=256)
                memory:c0100000-c010ffff...>
                memory:c0120000-c013ffff

message ends.
______________

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 8:41 AM, Michael Paoli <
Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> dmidecode and lshw may be helpful.
>
> From: "Akkana Peck" <akkana at shallowsky.com>
>> Subject: [sf-lug] Intel graphics chipsets (was /firmware/radeon)
>> Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 09:23:39 -0700
>>

> A side question, not part of maestro's problem: how do you find out
>> the chipset on Intel machines? If I run lspci | grep VGA on this
>> Lenovo X201, it says:
>>
>> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor
>> Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
>>
>> Not very specific. lspci | grep Intel isn't any more helpful.
>> And they made the X201 for a long time with multiple chipsets,
>> so googling doesn't tell me what's in my specific machine.
>>
>> The last time Xorg broke on this machine, I spent lot of time
>> searching but never did find a reliable way to figure out which
>> Intel graphics I had. That time, I ended up making an xorg.conf with
>>     Option "AccelMethod" "uxa"
>> which some people were reporting as helpful on some Intel machines,
>> and it seems to have done the trick so far. But I'd still like to
>> know what chipset I have.

*~the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...*