[sf-lug] Eric P. Scott ... remote desktop support software?

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Mon Dec 7 07:12:15 PST 2015

Yup, I also continue to miss him, as I'm sure many do.  Not only wonderful
helpful guy, but a wellspring of practical useful information (and on quite a
variety of subject matters!) which I also continue to miss.

I'm curious too, if anyone knows/remembers ... Eric had mentioned some
software, free as in beer, but not freedom, from, I believe he said it was
some German company, which had both Linux and Microsoft Windows clients, which
was quite useful for remote desktop support of both Microsoft Windows
and Linux
if I recall correctly.  E.g. one could use client on Linux and be able to see
and interact with "grandma's" (or whomever's) Linux or Microsoft
Windows screen,
I think all "grandma" had to do, was click one icon or launch one
program to activate
it and allow that remote connection and assistance - and maybe type in
some short number
to allow the specific client to be able to connect .  And quite
usefully, it also
worked if either or both ends were NATed, and didn't have direct
Internet reachable
IP addresses.  Anyway, curious if anyone happens to know or recall
that particular
software - I know Eric mentioned it before, and I'm sure I heard him
make mention
of it more than once.