[sf-lug] sf-lug site & hardware ... pretty old -- (not!) a decade or more? (& Partimus.org?)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Nov 26 03:17:01 PST 2015

> looks like some kind of quad Xeon 2.13 GHz - CPU

One physical CPU, quad core, right?

> model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X3210  @ 2.13GHz

Pretty much has to be a single physical CPU.  Four of those suckers
would burn a 1U motherboard right up.

'Prestonia' CPU familiy, 'Kentsfield series'.  Circa 2007, hence eight
years old.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Xeon_microprocessors#.22Prestonia.22_.28130_nm.29
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentsfield_(microprocessor) Uses Socket
LGA 775, TDP (thermal design power) is about 100W.

I remember those.  All the the 2.13 MHz Intel CPUs seemed to run pretty
hot.  I remember my firm had some motherboards where the CPU had
literally scorched the board.