[sf-lug] Memory(dram) may cause some problems

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Tue Nov 24 14:31:08 PST 2015

My friend Odd,
     a system administrator in Norway sent me this URL
for an article,
<http://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/computing/hardware/intel-and-micron-announce-revolutionary-memory>

     I remember back a bit when we learned that our Amiga and Windows
memory
simms had to be carefully matched to avoid timing problems, I think Unix
handled
that better but the original information is lost to me,  Linus might
have been working
on Linux but no idea.
     Anyhow the information about dram being less reliable than we were
lead to believe
was developed when operations using large amount of dram were surveyed as to
the cause of failures.

     Bobbie Sellers