[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting notes from Monday November 16, 2015

Todd Hawley celticdm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 21:23:08 PST 2015

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 2:29 PM, Bobbie Sellers <
bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com> wrote:

>     I demoed the latest Quirky Puppy Werewolf64-7.3,
>     Looks just like any other Puppy but for the scary werewolf mascot on
> the page.
> Green to cream with all the volumes iconified at the bottom of the page
> over the
>  task bar.  Little cartoons of internal hard drives, external drives are
> represented
> as cartoons of USB drives.  Click on them  folder icon opens windows with
>  file manager capabilities. So that you can go from iconified to detailed
> listing of
> files.

That was a nice looking desktop. :) Sorry to hear it doesn't have UEFI
capability yet. Hopefully soon.

    One matter that I perhaps failed to convey to the attendees
> was that at Office Depot you can get a 4 GiB USB key in the
> form of a Penguin which looks a lot like Tux.  They have other
> interesting forms as well from comic universe as well as a
> USB mustache.
>     The Penguin comes with a short key chain to keep
> the penguin head with USB connector attacked to the body
> with an insertable spacer.  These are priced at about $8 but
> there is a sale on now and I got 3 of them for about $20.

The sale might have been at the Office Depot at Portrero that was going out
of business. There no longer are any Office Depots (at least in SF) because
they merged with Office Max awhile back. I was at the Office Max on
Harrison earlier this evening and saw the Penguin flash drive, except it
had 8 GB and was selling for $14.99.

-th