[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting on Monday May 18th, 2015

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon May 11 09:14:43 PDT 2015

Hi LUGers,

   SF-LUG meets  every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
and  every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.
   Meeting times are nominal so early is best.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 8 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

     Have the latest version of 4MLinux 12 of the all-in-one edition.
Cannot find the checksums so may not have it on disk but this
is a CD sized release that is under 420 Megabytes with powerful
tools with gui.  It has added PAE to the current version.
     Hope I can find the checksums.

     Still have copies of Knoppix 7.5.  Got to read the article in Linux Pro
and it describes the capability in this version of producing a 12 Megabyte
CD which will allow you to use a USB version on older hardware without
regular USB booting capability.  If you came to a meeting you might
already know that the Knoppix DVD contains 3.18.6(16) kernels for
32 bit and 64 bit systems. Knoppix does not use systemd but its
own SysVinit.

     Fedora 22 is supposed to be out later this week and if it is on
schedule
will have at least one copy of the Live distribution there.

         Also hoping to find a new Linux Pro magazine before the
meeting.

     Well we hope to see you there on May 18th in the evening.

     Bobbie Sellers