[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Monday, 20 April 2015 and Linux 4.0, et al.

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Apr 13 07:54:40 PDT 2015

Hi LUGers,

   SF-LUG meets every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
and every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

     Meeting times are nominal so that if you come after 7:30 PM
we may have left.

     Ok I completed the 6 copies of Knoppix 7.5 that were requested
and will have Linux Pro magazine for April 2015, Issue 175.  So
the lead story in that issue is WLAN security with at least 3 other
articles on security, Time Lapse photography with Linux, and
about BitWig Studio 1.1, described as a Professional sound
production digital audio workstation. Lots of other stuff

     Linus Torvalds has released Kernel 4.0 former known as 3.20
which had "Diseased Newt as a code name.   Linux 4.0 is to
be known as  "Hurr durr I'ma sheep."   And it can do kernel
updates without rebooting among other changes to the code.
All this is from linked stories on Phoronix.com.
     You can start with the latest story at the following URL.
<http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-4.0-Kernel>

     Well I hope to see you all there next Monday.

     Bobbie Sellers