[sf-lug] [svlug] Linux coming to iPhone and iPad

maestro maestro415 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 07:51:17 PDT 2015

Interesting thanks...

Message ends.
________________

On Saturday, April 4, 2015, Samir Faci <samir at esamir.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure of the usability of these types of setups.  I had a similar
thing going when android first came out on the massive brick known as the
G1.  I would chroot into a debian environment and be able to start a VNC
server that I can hook into and was running XFCE and pidgin and other linux
app.
> The issue with these setups is that none of those apps were really
designed to run on a phone.  Hell gimp is barely designed to run on my
desktop.  It would make my phone cry.
> I like the idea, but I'd much rather see something like a QT port that
lets me run qt apps natively on iphone/android then this odd vnc loopback
trick to get a desktop environment running on a 7" screen.
> (Granted it's probably a bit better for a tablet but still same concerns
)
> Just my 2 cents.
>

> On Sat, Apr 4, 2015 at 7:15 AM, maestro <maestro415 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Disclaimer:
>> This is fwd' from sv-lug NOT intended as a crosspost as many do not
follow sv-lug.
>> If you follow both (sv&sf-lug) don't cry to me that you already saw this.
>>
>> That being said:
>> Any thoughts on this software he is 'manipulating'?...
>> Read on ▼▼▼

QMole, for the last two years.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chriskohlhepp/qmole-a-linux-desktop-system-for-the-ipad

>> You are in a unique position to gives this project visibility if you
agree with its goal and spirit.

https://chriskohlhepp.wordpress.com/qmole-bringing-the-free-world-of-linux-to-an-ipad-near-you/

--

*~the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...*