[sf-lug] Fwd: [svlug] Linux coming to iPhone and iPad

Samir Faci samir at esamir.com
Sat Apr 4 07:44:43 PDT 2015

I'm not sure of the usability of these types of setups.  I had a similar
thing going when android first came out on the massive brick known as the
G1.  I would chroot into a debian environment and be able to start a VNC
server that I can hook into and was running XFCE and pidgin and other linux
app.

The issue with these setups is that none of those apps were really designed
to run on a phone.  Hell gimp is barely designed to run on my desktop.  It
would make my phone cry.

I like the idea, but I'd much rather see something like a QT port that lets
me run qt apps natively on iphone/android then this odd vnc loopback trick
to get a desktop environment running on a 7" screen.
(Granted it's probably a bit better for a tablet but still same concerns )

Just my 2 cents.

Thank you
Samir Faci