[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting at Cafe Enchante Sunday, April 5, 2015

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Mar 30 08:08:55 PDT 2015

Hi LUGgers,

   SF-LUG meets every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
and every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

       So I have copies and can make more of GParted Live 0.22.0-1 for
the AMD64 and i586.  Will make a copy for anyone who calls in time.
It may have versions for i486 and for i686 in PAE and non-PAE versions
but I will only get these if you know you need them to function on your
machine(s).

     Also have fresh isos for Kali 1.10a and used the older version to
solve a problem with nepotuk* which wrote a 60.1 GiB file to my
/home.  Am hoping to master the use of "dd" to put a copy on
a Flash Drive.  Want a copy on disk?
     Please let me know which architecture.

     Final Beta of latest 15.04(?) is out.  I am not bothering with
downloading
a copy until it is final version.  All of the Kubuntu version I have
downloaded
have presented no problems but the KDE 5.x is not yet ready for production
as far as I am concerned.

      Would like to promise that I will have the latest Linux Pro and maybe
I will have it by then.

     Hope to see at least the usual crew on Sunday!

     Bobbie Sellers

*nepotuk is a KDE indexer which refuses limits on its log file size,
which cannot be removed from KDE without limiting the utility
of this interface. It has multiple places in the KDE System Settings
where it must be turned off.  It has been deprecated and is to be
replaced by "Baloo"  which not yet available in updates to my system.
Dealing with the this problem on 04/29 gave me quite a headache.

     bliss