[sf-lug] Error message: wrong architecture (Chrome on Ubuntu - 32/64 bit)

maestro maestro415 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 16:02:36 PDT 2015

Beings do things differently.
A good practice is to check the iso has 'arrived' completely, go into
properties & verify things look 'OK', check the iso's integrity, check that
file is what you wanted by name still AFTER doing those things...
If a message comes up saying file already exists do you want to write over
it say NO  & stop process & delete them BOTH (if second file has written
anything to system even incomplete).
If you look for file that already exists & can't find it anywhere
disconnect from web immediately, empty trash bin, remove ALL files with
same extension as iso using wildcard (*) followed by extension using
command line, restart...

Get iso from another mirror...

Merely suggested not preached.

Message ends.

On Tuesday, March 10, 2015, Christian Einfeldt <einfeldt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I looked at the packages to be installed on the flash drive that I used
to do the installation, and sure enough, it did say i386.  I don't know how
that could have happened.  I was careful to chose 64 bit.  So I downloaded
the .iso fresh and am reinstalling.  Thanks to everyone who responded to
this question.

--

*~the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...*