SF-LUG - Intel has new stuff at the CES

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Fri Jan 9 14:04:29 PST 2015

On 01/09/2015 01:48 PM, Daniel Gimpelevich wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-01-09 at 13:22 -0800, Bobbie Sellers wrote:
>> 	Hi LUGgers,
>> 		I know some of you will be interested in the offerings that Intel will
>> be presenting shortly as consumer choices.
>> 	<http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/01/broadwell-u-arrives-faster-laptop-cpus-and-gpus-from-core-i7-to-celeron/>
>>
>> 	I think the Intel NUCs will make better choices than the
>> MacMinis IMO.
>>
>> 	With this mailing I add Daniel Gimpelvich to the template.
>> 	I was really surprised to see that I had his address but left him off
>> the template.
>>
>> 	bliss
> And I was surprised to receive this e-mail, since last I knew, the
> mailing list is down. Also never noticed that Bobbie is now on
> DSLExtreme, which was my ISP from 2002 to 2012, when I decided to say
> good riddance. They had gone steadily downhill during that entire
> period. I now recommend Sonic.net to anyone and everyone.
     Yes well it is still down and this is just a Thunderbird template
with all the addresses I was sure belonged to the list added to
the list.
     Sadly another party has declined to participate.
     Anyone that has a template and if you just edit out the old
text from nearly any post you have a template, check the
address list and remove Akkana Peck.

> But I digress. One person at the SVLUG meeting this week was seriously
> inquiring into the Intel NUCs' ability to run Mac OS X, and they might
> actually be a good choice for such. Irony.

     The higher end NUCs should have an easy time of Mac OS X.
     They even have 3200 x 1800 video mode.

     bliss