Linux Steam players should not move the Steam directory

Samir Faci samir at esamir.com
Fri Jan 16 14:04:56 PST 2015

no..   $STEAMROOT doesn't default to /, it defaults to blank.  The issue is
that

"$STEAMROOT/"   becomes  / when it's unset.

What they should have done is check if the parameter is set and error out
way before using the variable.

Also using tests, or something that's a bit more powerful and more geared
towards testability like ruby/python or hell even perl.

It's actually a pretty easy fix.  It's just a really dumb mistake to over
look.

--
Thank you
Samir Faci