Linux Steam players should not move the Steam directory

jim jim at well.com
Fri Jan 16 10:37:36 PST 2015

     Years ago, Rick Moen kindly offered to
host the SF-LUG (and later, the DVLUG)
mailing lists on the LinuxMafia host. That
host died a few months ago, and Rick
has not yet revived it (no pejorative on
that point). We have the expectation that
Rick will revive the host and the various
software services that machine hosted.
     We (SF-LUG members) have discussed
* buy Rick a machine (done, ready and
    waiting, if he wants it).
* host one or more services on some
    machine to which we have access (not,
    in my mind, a good idea, given the
    hurly burly nature of member participation).
* find an existing service that can serve
    SF-LUG (I don't like the idea in general,
    and it properly requires that we get the
    mailing list member addresses or
    reconstitute it from our own email records,
    which is doable with eye-bleeding work).

     So for now, Bobbie (our savior) has cobbled
up the present, interim list.