[sf-lug] RHEL Version Performance

Grant Bowman grantbow at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 13 13:38:13 PST 2015

Hello Samir,

Thanks for your response question. I worded it this way since a) I'm NOT
exactly sure b) I don't closely follow development of each package of the
standard RHEL system c) versions of apps like databases and web servers to
me are a separate topic though perhaps related if changes are large d)
different language versions (PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, etc) and libraries
are to me a separate topic though sometimes can be upgraded independently
or newer versions can run in parallel and e) I'm a little unclear what
might make a difference to IT business decision makers. If you can help by
guessing, great. If you have numbers to share, great. If not, I may take
the time to do a side by side comparison on identical hardware with
whatever types of loads we choose to test with.

Anyone else?

Thanks,
Grant