[sf-lug] requests for email client setup & WiFi Slax

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Apr 9 20:20:49 PDT 2014

Quoting Morgan. (mkw127-nb at yahoo.com):

> Other email clients that I would like to try someday if we have time:
> Geary Yorba
> Opera Mail
> i.Scribe
> Claws Mail
> Evolution
> If you have any knowledge or other comments about these other clients, please let me know.

Of possible interest:
'MUAs' on http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Mail  (It doesn't really aspire to
do reviews.  It's more of just a bestiary.)

On mutt (which I like quite a bit), many longtime users publish their
.muttrc files and related tips.  One of them is Sven Guckes:
http://www.guckes.net/Mutt/setup.php3

http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Mail has some other mutt stuff.

You'll notice that I'm sending this from one of the instances of mutt
that I leave running 24x7 on my mail server, linuxmafia.com, all of them
running in a GNU Screen session that I can connect to at any time from
anywhere (by ssh'ing in and then 'screen -rd').

Claws Mail is a really nice GTK+-based graphical MUA.  Definitely give
that one a try.

--
Cheers,                HULK LIKE OXFORD COMMA VERY MUCH.  HULK WANT TO DATE,
Rick Moen              BUT OXFORD COMMA GO OUT ONLY IN GROUPS OF THREE OR MORE.