[sf-lug] Meeting today 6 April 2014

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sun Apr 6 14:32:26 PDT 2014

Hi LUGgers,
      By 045 at the Cafe Enchante and setting up.
     No problems, by 1055 had gotten my decafe soy latte, cleaned
off the display screen and was waiting which was shortly rewarded.
     Maestro, Ken Schaeffer and wife,  Yong Ken and Eric showed up,
     I gave Maestro a copy of Open Mandriva which he intended for
personal use.   Ken booted up a copy of DSL 4.4.x which had locked up
on my machine.  Then he daringly booted up the Linux Pro Magazine copy
of Knoppix 7.3 and it worked fine from the disk.  But i say daringly
because I was unable to find a checksum for this disk.  I cannot forget
that a Knoppix 7.0.2 disk from the same source was not perfect. You
could boot from it but a Flash Disk copy made with the distro's own
Flash Driver copier could not install to a hard disk.
     Before I could left I emailed the Knoppix site requesting some
assistance with this problem.
     Eric and Ken Schaefer had some discussion but I was busy with
Maestro and missed it.
     Yong Ken seemed to be very interested in the magazines I brought
along.

     Almost before we knew it it was 1 PM and time to pack up.

     Next meeting will be on Monday the 21st.

     Bobbie Sellers