[sf-lug] Fedora 20 out!

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Fri Feb 28 14:19:31 PST 2014

Hi again LUGgers,
     This is a followup to the original message.
     So both the magazine disks were Install only with some
Troubleshooting (rescue) function as well.
Late last night I downloaded a Live version but while I thought I was
getting a KDE version it was a
Gnome version.   I tried it out (had to) to find out it was Gnome).
     I played with it a while but while I had no special complaints I
downloaded a KDE version of the
Live Fedora this morning and afternoon and tried it out.  It is a very
clean looking KDE 4.11.3.
It has a lot of desirable tool but not Kate.
     Kernel is 3.11.10  and it runs very nicely.
     Not even working from the Konsole (terminal) could I save the
output from some commands.
     The Gnome download was 935 MiB.  The KDE was 1.53 GiB., which
included lots of useful tools
including Thunderbird as well as KMail options.  It does not have GIMP,
If I was not using PCLOS I
might be more interested.

     I had no problems with either spin of the Fedora distribution when
it came to getting online.

     I will point out that Mageia 4 is unable to even detect my hardware
so I see a distribution that
detects and makes good use of the hardware as a triumph.

     bliss