[sf-lug] machine fails to wake fully from suspend

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Sep 28 23:08:01 PDT 2013

Quoting Alison Chaiken (alchaiken at gmail.com):

> There's no reason to compile the kernel whatsoever.   Either Ubuntu or
> Debian repositories can provide new packages.

Yeah, naturally try packaged binary kernels first!  It's perverse to go
compile your own unless you have a reason to.

I was actually assuming Michael had already exhausted his options in
what (at least) Ubuntu offered in that department, but maybe not.  (He
didn't specify what kernel package; he just said 'up to date 13.04'.)