[sf-lug] I need your Linux thoughts!

Will guacamolepandemonium at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 23:31:59 PDT 2013

TeamViewer is closed source but very cross-platform and quite simple to use
in my experience. Iirc you can setup a kind of customized executable that
people providing tech support can send to their clients, and when that
executable is run it connects to the configured person. There might be a
way to package up a script/executable that does this for ssh.

One thing to do might be a self-contained script/executable like that but
one that does a "ps" and "cat /etc/issue" and "find / > contents.txt" then
either emails them or somehow sends them to you, so it would take further
instruction but it would give you a much better idea of what you're dealing
with.

HTH