[sf-lug] PCLinux OS release

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Apr 11 11:21:31 PDT 2013

Quoting Bobbie Sellers (bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com):

> Full Monty is 32 bit so far and to start i have to remove a lot of
> stuff that would make Windows users happy.  The term is Eye Candy, I
> believe.  It exploits every possible effect possible with KDE 4.x.x.
> I find it cluttered and too much clutter hurts my eyes.

Ah, thanks, I hadn't notice that that and a couple of other images are
i386.  Usually, distros bother to put the CPU arch into the ISO
filename.  It's a bit vexing that PCLinuxOS cannot bother.

The KDE 'effects' (eye candy) are just a default, which you can trivially
tone down using one of the KDE desktop control applets.