[sf-lug] PCLinux OS release

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Wed Apr 10 22:11:57 PDT 2013

For anyone who may have been waiting for the 64bit version:

(pclinuxos64-kde-2013.04.iso).  The RC1 worked very well in live
mode on my old notebook and it impressed me no end that it
came with the nVidia drivers for my graphics chip set.
	It comes with Kernel 3.2.18 and KDE 4.10.1.

http://www.pclinuxos.com/?page_id=1867

     I think this will be successor to Mandriva 2010.2 on the
my notebook.
     Anyway I am putting the iso on a DVD now.
And that didn't take long.  I booted up with it and it is
good.  No stutter when I messed severely with the panel
arrangement on the desktop.  (Many distros when I pull
my little tricks have to shut down momentarily). This one
just shrugged and removed the original panel.
     Mandriva 2011 came with messed up drivers for the nVidia
chip set and I have never gotten a successful install of this
version.
     Mageia by the way seems to have problems getting out their
next release.

     bliss