[sf-lug] SF Lug meeting on Sunday 3 March 2013

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Feb 25 14:54:23 PST 2013

On 02/25/2013 02:34 PM, Rick Moen wrote:

     Thanks Rick!
> [offlist:]
>
> Quoting Bobbie Sellers (bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com):
>
>>      SF-LUG meets every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M. and
>> at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.
>>
>>      These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
>> year so far of 4 members.   If you have a problem come along
>> and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
>> who can.
>>       If I can get a fresh issue of Linux Pro I will bring it along.
         Rick believes the following paragraph needs clarification.

>>      The last meeting on President's day was basically Eric and myself
>> with Jim Stockford showing up after 7 PM.
         That was the meeting on 18 February in the Evening.

>>      Because of that I remind everyone that meeting times are
>> nominal.  I try to show up on time or actually ahead of time
>> in case I have to trouble shoot my set-up.  We leave if no other
>> interested parties show up up by 7:30 PM.  On the other hand
>> bring an interesting problem or discussion and we may hang
>> out until long after 8 PM.

             So that was the warning about the nominal times for
a Monday meeting.
     If we held a Sunday meeting and no one but myself showed
up you could expect me to leave by 1230 or so.  But usually at
Sunday meetings we have Ken Schaeffer and his wife attending
and often Eric and other members.  So seldom do I leave before
1 PM though other people with more busy schedules may leave
as soon as their questions are answered
> Hi, Bobbie.  You might want to post an update.
>
> Maybe it's just me, but to me a your concluding two paragraphs seem
> confusing in a post about Sunday 11AM-1PM meetings.  Seems like those
> might have been mistakenly copied over from a post about Monday evening
> meetings.
     As they were written but not copied off the top of my head this
morning when I was barely conscious.  Due to the rotten form of POP
instituted by Google which is behind the dslextreme.com mail boxes
I do not get to read my mail sent to this or other lists.

     Thanks again Rick.

     Bobbie Sellers