[sf-lug] Upgrading from Ubuntu 10.10 to 12.04

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 16:59:18 PST 2013

Hi,

What is the simplest and quickest way to go from Ubuntu 10.10 to 12.04?  I
will be doing this on an older notebook with about 509 MB in data.  I am
thinking that it is best to just copy the data, and do a fresh install.
The only problem with this is that I don't want to have to re-adjust any
configs or re-add apps.  I normally like to just use the Ubuntu upgrade
manager, but I don't think that will work too well here, as I will need to
upgrade from 10.10 to 11.04, then to 11.10, then to 12.04, which would be a
pain.  Thanks in advance.