[sf-lug] Fwd: Which Motherboards for new Ubuntu install

jim jim at systemateka.com
Tue Dec 25 17:07:28 PST 2012

    Most generally, your problem highlights one of the
(if not __the__) most important ways that we can help
the Linux effort: try out Linux (notably the kernel)
with as many motherboards as possible and let the kernel
developers know what __boots__! Information as to which
mobos boot and which don't is useful, per Andrew Morton.
    File bugs here:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/lkml/reporting-bugs.html

    As to your particulars, it might help if you specify
which Ivory: I found two or three businesses that seem
possibly the company to which you're referring (Israel,
UAE, Africa, Tennessee...).

    Zareason, in Berkeley, has resold Asus computers with
Linux on them; it's possible any of the Asus boards might
work. I'll ask them and see if they know. (Don't know when
they might respond.)

    For discussion more generally, here are some links
that I found that may be useful.

http://linuxhardware.net/linuxhardware/notes/  <-- note restarted

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=home

http://www.linux-drivers.org/