[sf-lug] trustworthy repair shop

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sat Oct 6 17:51:59 PDT 2012

On 10/06/2012 02:48 PM, Bobbie Sellers wrote:
>     Hi LUGgers,
>         It seems I have a problem with my notebook over-heating
> and the on-line instructions I find emphasize keeping the HP techs
> away from the machine.

     I thought you might be interested in said on line instructions.
Below is the one
about cleaning, etc., the heat sink.  I printed this out.

>     If I felt better currently I might undertake it myself but it
> requires
> getting several supplies I am lacking and it requires total dismantling
> of the notebook to get to the heat sinks that need to be cleaned up,
> even with very fine abrasive and fresh heat transfer compound

     These were the disassembly instructions.  reformatted a bit and
printed out.

     All the people suggest downloading the manual which I have done in
the pas t but
I doubt i will be accessing any pdf files while the work is in pro
> applied.
>     So please send me suggestions and I will look for them later
> today and tomorrow.  I am going to turn the computer off shortly
> as it tends to heat up very quickly even with the cooler in place.
     So far no one has named a repair person.  Are there none or do
LUGgers do everything themselves?

     Thanks for the interest shown so far and for your attention.