[sf-lug] trustworthy repair shop

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sat Oct 6 17:14:49 PDT 2012

On 10/06/2012 04:53 PM, Ken Shaffer wrote:
> I'll bring in the Chumby, and show it running Debian squeeze.
> The reassembly is definitely the hard part.  I use a netbook running
> xournal display the manual, and can make redlines on things like
> missing screws, extra screws, etc.  I think egg cartons, with screws
> for each step in a separate hole is the only way I can keep things
> straight.  Proper tools are needed, like angled tweezers to reinsert
> the zif cables.  Not a task I look forward to.
> Ken

     Nor I but I have printed out the disassembly instructions and the
special part on cleaning and prepping the heat sink.  About 10 pages
of useful information and ads for a shop in Augusta.

     Oh and in case you wondered this notebook is a Compaq Presario
CQ60-215DX with an AMD Athlon X2 and it is about 3 years old now.
It can get hot enough to hurt the hard drive and the motherboard.  Then
I would have real problems.

     Now it is a bit cooler so maybe I can run it if I leave it alone
for a while.

     Bobbie