[sf-lug] Higher definition displays on the way... & SF LUG meeting

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sun Sep 2 14:27:58 PDT 2012

  Hi LUGgers,

     Remember 320 x 240?  It was wonderful was it not when we were younger.
     Scan doubling without adapters up to 720 and careful choice of colors.

    Laptop:This 13-inch Samsung Series 9 WQHD Ultrabook beams Windows 8
on 2,560 x 1,440 display (oh yes), making a visible leap beyond the
existing Series 9 13-incher, which sticks to a more typical 1,600 x 900
<http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/31/samsung-Series%209-WQHD-Ultrabook-matte-display/>

Tablet not so dense: Asus 10.1 inch 1920 x1200
<http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Asus-Transformer-Pad-Infinity-TF700T_id7359/fullspecs>

Some users have complained about the density and size of the Retina display.

     Gotta read ´em all.

	==========New Topic===========

12:00 Noon
     Here at Cafe Enchante with the Schaffers.

	Ken brought his Chumby and we got the DNS problem
we usually experience here under control. After that was
fixed I was able to find the usual sites and chased down
the copy of Yawara episode 100 that I had not been able
to reach earlier from home,  Nearly 500 people were on
the torrent when I got it,

	One new member showed up and he was propagandized
but decided to go on to his LD Weekend activities since
we had such a low turnout?

	1230 we declared the nominal time fulfilled and
packed up and left the area.

	Enjoy the Holiday as much as you can.

	Bobbie Sellers