[sf-lug] resolver problem

Mike Higashi mhigashi at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 18:27:33 PDT 2012

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Alex Kleider <a_kleider at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure I completely understand but it appears that dig can be told to look for a specific service and your failure of dig -t mx indicates that mailout.easydns.com doesn't have the needed service.
> As it turns out, use of mailout.easydns.com works on another plug computer that I run on another network and the dig -t mx fails there as well.
> The mystery remains unsolved.

According to:  http://helpwiki.easydns.com/index.php/Mail_Settings

   DNS Pro and Enterprise clients can use the same server if they prefer
   not to enable easyMAIL, and can also relay their outbound mail using

      mailout.easydns.com

   easyMAIL users should use the following settings:

      inbound mail (MX record) : mx.easymail.ca *
      outbound SMTP :  mailout.easymail.ca
      POP mail server :   pop.easymail.ca
      IMAP mail server :  imap.easymail.ca (ports 143 & 993)
      Webmail access :    webmail.easymail.ca

[I'm not sure why it says .com for the first item and .ca for the next
-- perhaps that's a mistake.]

Mike