[sf-lug] First peek at the Intuit notebook donation

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 18:18:44 PDT 2012

hi,

Partimus has received a donation of 19 notebook computers and two desktop
computers with flat screen monitors for placement in underprivileged public
schools!  Yay!  Thanks to Intel for donating these computers; thanks to
Steve Camuti of Intuit for carrying the ball inside Intuit to make this
happen; and thanks to Tom Stevenson of Arrow-Intechra for executing the
donation!  Thanks also to attorney Albert Stoll for providing the space to
receive this donation, because school is now out of session, and so we had
the computers delivered to his law office.

Now we just need to find a volunteer with a car who can drive the equipment
about 4 miles from their current location to the school where they will be
used!

The unboxing pics are here:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/116904638361799818523/posts/WKYozSyAtj7