[sf-lug] computer work at a public school this Saturday

Andrew Udvare audvare at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 11:35:16 PDT 2012

I think not. I think public schools are a terrible disease on society today
in general and the reason why proprietary software continues to get used
(the typical 'Computing' class has lessons in using Microsoft Word and
Excel, not free software). If I had the option, I would never pay taxes
that went to what ought to be called day-care, not school.

Although I disagree with using Ubuntu for my own reasons (it's become less
Linux-like everyday in comparison to Gentoo, Fedora, etc), at least it's a
start. Private schools are obviously making better choices all around.
Everyone knows those who go to private schools generally have better
opportunities later in life. That's why they are fought over (regarding
financial aid) by the less fortunate trying to educate their children.

On Friday, 27 July 2012, Rick Moen wrote:

> Quoting Christian Einfeldt (einfeldt at gmail.com):
>
> > computer work at a public school this Saturday

This might be a slip up. I certainly hope it is.

Andrew