[sf-lug] Fedora dealing with UEFI

Grant Bowman grantbow at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 5 11:45:42 PDT 2012

There is never enough time to respond to Rick completely so I will not try.
I am busy today.

This is a rare case of Rick not being precise enough. It was not a personal
attack. I addressed behavior and perception. I know many of Rick's
contributions and appreciate them. I do see a cost that can be blindingly
high to newcomers. What I said and continues to be true on this and now
also on at least the dvlug.org list that Rick has hosted for many years is
that while factually accurate, Rick is overwhelmingly perceived as mean
spirited. Technically astute readers will find less mean than casual
readers but the perception is fairly consistent.

Given this perception this drives good people away from good Linux groups.
This is not a healthy pattern.

Grant