[sf-lug] Fedora dealing with UEFI

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Jun 3 18:12:16 PDT 2012

Quoting Bobbie Sellers (bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com):

> On 06/02/2012 02:15 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
> >Quoting Bobbie Sellers (bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com):
> >
> >>Fedora Linux capitulates to Microsoft boot certificate
> >                ^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> >No.  That's simply wrong.
>     Thanks for your explication of the matter but I did not write that
> nor did the man whose work I copied write it but it is a headline
> on a Google reference when searching on the terms, UEFI - Linux.

Yes, and it's simply wrong -- as I said.

You claimed you were posting it 'FYI' -- for your information -- but the
net effect of your posting was mostly misinformation, particularly the
ITworld.com headline (above) that you quoted and heavily featured.

> You discarded my reference to having gotten it from the Usenet.

What I said was 'simply wrong' was NOT from Usenet, but rather from
ITworld.com.  You forgot so soon?  You provided the URL in your post
right above your quotation of the ITworld.com guy's headline:
http://www.itworld.com/open-source/279459/fedora-linux-capitulates-microsoft-boot-certificate?page=0,0

Sorry, that headline's simply wrong.  Thus my point:  simply wrong.

It would have been no less wrong if you'd quoted it from Usenet, but in
fact you quoted it from ITworld.com.

> That line of reference and my name at the bottom were the only
> contributions I made to the post which I only checked to make sure
> it was about Linux and had somewhat to do with the matter.

OK, what's your point?

I wished to correct the impression you created in posting it, by
explaining why it was simply wrong.  So, I did so.

If you believe it's somehow unsporting to point out that someting you
post is simply wrong merely because you were quoting someone else, I
respectfully disagree.