[sf-lug] SF-LUG Meets on Monday 16 April, 2012

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Apr 9 12:22:58 PDT 2012

     SF-LUG meets  every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
     at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

      These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
     year so far of 6 members.
I will have Linux Pro magazine of April 2012 issue #137 at the next meeting
which features  Knoppix 7 using kernel 3.2.4 with a 32 & 64 bit boot
option and
9.1 GiB of software including all the usual culprits.
     Instructions are at hand for producing a lighter version without
special LP
softwares included with the DVD.  And if you want it on a USP stick
check the
Accessories Menu.  It boots up in a lightweight desktop environment
but includes some of my favorite tools from KDE such as KWrite and Kate.

     Besides that Linux Pro #137 talks about security and a variety of
other
matters.

      If you have a problem come along, maybe we can help but
if not we can usually find someone who will be able to help.

     Hope to see you there

     Bobbie Sellers