[sf-lug] linux was discussed at noisebridge, wednesday 20120321:18:00 and thereafter

Grant Bowman grantbow at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 21 22:27:49 PDT 2012

http://www.rockbox.org runs OK on older ipods.

>    Someone besides me is using Ubuntu 10.04 and,
> unlike me, is also fiddling with Ubuntu 12.04. I'm
> chicken. and I've got a year of support left for
> 10.04.

Unfortunately the new Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone won't sync with 10.04
because Android now uses the MTP protocol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Transfer_Protocol to copy stuff to
and from the phone which isn't supported by 10.04. Older android
phones use USB Mass Storage. This allows for non-volume sharing but
requires the OS to support it. MTP is one of the reasons I'm fiddling
with 12.04. Please join http://twitter.com/pleia2 and I
http://twitter.com/grantbow next month Tuesday, 4/17 at
http://balug.org for a presentation on 12.04 to be released nine days
later.

Also please join the Ubuntu community coming to Oakland for
http://uds.ubuntu.com Mon, May 7th - 11th at the Marriott near the
12th St. BART station.

>    uh oh: people are leaving to get food.

Cheers,