[sf-lug] Fedora BBQ Dec and other FOSS events

Mark Terranova Markdude at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 28 19:52:43 PST 2011

Hello all, Bay Area Mentoring Fedorans was recently formed to start a local
community of people that use and/or support the Foundations of the Fedora
Project (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Foundations .) The first event they
have planned is a release party for F16 at the Hacker Dojo. We will have a
bbq with both meat and vegetarian options.

http://events.hackerdojo.com/event/1155026-fedora-16-release-party-installfest-and-bbq
. Daddy Shadowman is helping sponsor the event- so in addition to fresh
copies of the new release - we will have some good swag. USB flash drives,
stickers, temporary tattoos, case badges, etc. Just to make it more of a
party for ALL folks - we also have a few Ubuntu case badges, and a few key
covers (to cover the Microsoft logo.) We will also have a copy of Art of
Community, by the esteemed Community Manager - Jono Bacon. He has another
rock show on the 17th at Roosters Roadhouse.
http://plancast.com/p/8pge/year-end-metal-bash

Also:

   - Ubuntu Hour San
Francisco<http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-california/1439/detail/>
at
   the Coffee Roastery - Wednesday, 14 Dec. 2011 at 18:00 PST
   http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-california/1439/detail/
   - Ubuntu Hour: Mountain View/Silicon
Valley<http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-california/1421/detail/>
    at Red Rock Coffee
   http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-california/1421/detail/ on
   Thursday, 15 Dec. 2011 at 19:00 PST

BAMF will have another release event at Saxbys,
https://www.facebook.com/SaxbysWC January 3rd of next year.

All Hail Tux the Magnificent!